1. A smile costs you nothing! In this electronic society where we barely take time to speak and get to know a person its's nice when someone makes eye contact with you and gives you a smile. Sometimes all a person needs is for someone to acknowledge them and a smile costs you nothing!
2. You catch more flies with honey! I didn't fully grasp this one until well into my twenties. This simply means to watch your words!
3. An ugly inside will make an ugly outside! It does not matter what labels you adorn yourself with or what brand of makeup you wear if you are mean and ugly on the inside it will show on the outside.
4. Do your best! If you do your best then it doesn't matter if you win or lose! At the time I thought no way I want to win. Now I realize that there are times when you will do your best and the outcome won't be in your favor and it's ok (refer back to my previous post about adult pity parties).
5. Prayer changes things! My granny was a praying woman and I'm sure it is her prayers for me that has kept me this far. Because of her taking me to church and showing me the power of having faith I am here today and can tell you without a shadow of doubt that prayer works. I got through my last semester of college on prayer (LOL). I was president of a sorority for four years on prayer! I haven't choked out my husband -PRAYER WORKS! I was employed when many around me was getting laid off -PRAYER WORKS!
As we wrap up this holiday take time to remember your loved ones that have passed away and to cherish the ones you still have with you as tomorrow is not promised.
Be blessed and fabulous!