I've said it before and I'm saying it again, YOU HAVE TO PROTECT YOUR SPIRIT! Let me tell you how.
1. Connect with your faith. It doesn’t matter if you are Christian, Muslim or Jew it is so important that you pray daily! Pray for yourself, your family, this country. Listen to the music of your faith. For me personally when I listen to my Jesus music it soothes me. It helps me to relax and get centered. My focus is on the creator and not on foolishness.
2. Unplug from social media. Turn off FACEBOOK, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, all of it! Don't check your email. No online shopping! No putting up profiles on eHarmony or any other online dating site. Don't go on the internet at all for 24 hours. Implement a social media blackout at least once a month.
3. Do an unselfish act of kindness. Do something nice for someone else. It does not have to be grandiose just a random act done from the heart. You are helping someone because you can, not for accolades or attention.
4. Don't blame it on the alcohol. Do you become a completely different person when you drink? Are there stories about your drunken escapades you don't want ever repeated? Blink once if this is you. Alcohol can cause an undue influence over you and have you doing things you normally wouldn't do. Now, I'm not saying don't drink cause we all need that one or two glasses of wine. I'm saying don't be tore up from the floor up ALL THE TIME.
5. No more drama! it is not just a song made famous by Mary J Blige. Please rid yourself of people who bring negative energy, other negative people and situations to your doorstep. You do not have to entertain everybody and their problems unless you are a psychiatrist and are getting paid for it. If drama is always around you then ask yourself is it me or is it them. Don't get caught up in other people’s situations. I had a friend whose entire life was drama. Every time she called me it was drama. The next thing I know I'm upset and looking at my husband crazy. I had to step back and realize her drama was not mine and to no longer entertain her. You will mess up your good home, good marriage and good credit dealing with OTHER PEOPLES foolishness. DON'T DO IT! When someone brings drama to you stop them cold with this simple phrase - SHALL WE PRAY! You fabulous woman do not have time for drama!
Protect your spirit fabulous woman and you will experience a peace like never before. Until next time be BLESSED AND FABULOUS!
p.s. You can check out my favorite performance of No More Drama on the happenings page of the website.